Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Flora Segunda by Ysabeau S. Wilce

"No, Valefor. I know that the Dainty Pirate thought I was fading, discorporeal, and he said that a galvanic egregore was sucking away all my Will, and I think he meant you, Valefor, and he said soon it would be too late. But perhaps you can explain it to me better, Valefor! Please do!"

Shortcuts are dangerous. Flora knows this. When your house has 11,000 rooms, you never know where you will end up. It didn't used to be like this, it used to be that the toilet would be exactly where you needed it to be, and if you needed to get to the kitchen, just walk through a door, and there it is. However, after Flora's mother banished the butler, everything changed. Now most of the rooms are uninhabitable, and the butler hasn't been seen for many, many years. When Flora takes a forbidden shortcut though, and stumbles upon the maybe butler, she and her best friend throw themselves into trying to discover how to bring him back.

This was a good book. I would not read it again, but it was decently written. One of the things I didn't like, was that the best friend, who is mentioned in the summary, doesn't come into the book till like, the middle. Also, I didn't like Flora, but that always depends on the person who is reading it. I would give this book three stars.

No comments: