Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

In which I meet Carrie Ryan and reveal my secret!

In a rare break from the flow of reviews, I am here to post about today, in which I went to Borders for a book signing/author event for The Dark and Hollow Places tour, with amazing author Carrie Ryan!

You may recall that I reviewed "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" and "The Dead-Tossed Waves" a while ago. My review of "The Dark and Hollow Places" will be coming SOON, because I bought it today!

Carrie Ryan is awesome. She talked about how she came to start writing the Forest of Hands and Teeth series, her fear of scary movies, her previous book rejections, the books themselves, and answered our questions about the world of zombies (Unconsecrated, Mudo, Plague Rats)! She also signed our books and let us take pictures with her! It was really interesting, to find things out about the books and her motivation and journey to/for writing The Forest of Hands and Teeth.

The sign outside the Borders
Me getting my books signed

Me and Carrie Ryan


The second book, signed! Also, this is the one she put thanks for offering me Diet Coke in because of twitter.


For more pictures check out the facebook here. Also, yes, my secret revealed^ above. You're probably all, did she get Cat's name wrong? No. Cat's my nickname, and it's really not a secret just something I've never mentioned that my name was actually Linda :P

In short, today was AWESOME :) Thanks muchly for Carrie Ryan stopping in IL and having her event!

P.S... If you think the Forest of Hands and Teeth books are awesome or want to learn more about them and see the awesome Carrie Ryan in person you should go to one of her remaining events if she's going to be near you! Check out the rest of the schedule.

No comments: