Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ever by Gail Carson Levine


I can tell that Olus isn't certain. In spite of everything, I may die.

When Kezi's mother falls sick, her father makes a terrible vow. If Admat, who they believe is their god, will heal her, he will sacrifice the first person to congratulate him. When Kezi congratulates him to save her aunt, she knows that she must find a way to escape the vow and live. She meets Olus, who is the god of the winds, and together, and apart, they find a way.
"Pado! Pado, congratulations on Mati's recovery." Admat! my knees buckle, and I faint.

I really liked this book. I would say that if you like some romance, and stories about strong girls, this is a good book for you. I would say that this should a be a book for 11 and up, because of some of the romance. I would give this five stars out of five, although the ending is (in my opinion) a little unsatisfying.

1 comment:

Mae said...

I really liked the book the first time I read it, but I can't seem to get into it to read it a second time.