Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"I am Number Four" by Pittacus Lore (aka James Frey and Jobie Hughs)

"In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next. " -from GoodReads because their summary is better then the one I was going to post.



First things first, I liked "I am Number Four". I liked the characters, liked the storyline, and I thought it was exciting and action-packed. That being said, I give it four stars. The only problem that I have is, while I liked the story, it's not one of those  books that you can't stop thinking about after you read them. I know not all books are like that, but a lot are, and I think usually those are my favorites. After I put the book down, I didn't go, "wow, I can't wait for the sequel" or "can't wait to re-read that" I did like it though. I think I figured out my thoughts on it though- I want to see the movie. The way the book was written, and the way it read for me, I think it will make a good movie, that could actually portray the storyline better then the book. This isn't the first book I've read that I've felt that way about, and really, I still liked it. :) 4STARS. ****


If you'd like to find out more about "I am Number Four" you should visit the official website for the movie and the official website for the book (where you can also read an excerpt of the book).

No comments: