Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Legend Of Lady Ilena by Patricia Malone




At some point as I let out the horses, clean the stalls, milk the cow, check the fish trap, and feed the flock of chickens, I realize what I must do. it is a frightening thought, but Moren's words were clear. I must travel to the East myself.
Ilena never knew her lineage, or where she came from. All she knows is the story of how she, her mother Grenna, and father, Moren, came to live in the Valer of Enfert. Although she lives this way happily for many years, when her father dies she knows she must find out for herself who she is, and where she came from, although this will prove easier said than done. Her parents never told her anything about her family, except one, small clue which her father gave her before he died. "Go to Dun Alyn. Find Ryamen." The bad thing is, she knows little, if anything about the place, not to mention Ryamen. Never the less, eventually she gets there, only to face the biggest challenge of her journey. Will she be able to accept who she is, while fulfilling her destiny?? (I won't tell you, I don't spoil books.)


I like this book a lot, although not as much as other books I've read. I think that it is a little confusing at times, although that might just be me. Also, you'll want to keep in mind that this book takes place in the middle ages. Although you could probably tell that from the cover. I would give this three stars out of five.

No comments: