Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine


I was no hero. The dearest wishes of my heart were for safety and tranquility. The world was a perilous place, wrong for the likes of me.
In the land called Bamarre, there lived two princesses. One, named Meryl, small and fair, who wasn't afraid of anything, and one, called Addie, tall, and dark, who wrote the quote I have above this paragraph.
Addie and Meryl always supposed that Meryl would go on adventures, and bring back glory and fame, and Addie would happily get married to a prince, have children, and altogether stay out of the way of any sort of danger.
But all that changes when Meryl gets the Grey death. There is a prophesy that when the timid find courage, and rain falls over all of Bamarre, everyone who is afflicted with the Grey Death will be healed. When her father comes back from trying to find the cure, Addie, alone, sets out to try to find the cure. Will she find it in time to save Meryl? or will the two princesses of Bamarre soon be the one princess of Bamarre? With the help of her friends, Addie, whether she saves Meryl or not, learns what it is to be brave.
OMIGOSH. I loved this book. People have been telling me to read it for a long time, but I only picked it up last night. It was about nine, and I stayed up reading it until eleven thirty. THATS HOW GOOD IT IS. I give it four and three quarters stars. I didn't really like the ending, at least parts of it, but the rest was excellent! The beginning also was a little sticky for me, it took me a while to actually latch on.
Step follows step.
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger.
Set your heart on victory.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You need to put a link to this on your regular blog. Don't forget to regularly publish something to LHOUSE, too.

Mom.